9th Annual Speed Meet and Greet
The Speed Meet and Greet is open to ALL Computer Science students!
How The Speed Meet and Greet works!
The Computer Science Co-op Program is pleased to host, in conjunction with our business guests, our ninth annual Speed Meet and Greet for all CS students. This event will provide you with the opportunity to enhance your understanding of the participating organizations and the larger Manitoba marketplace!
Based on the premise of "speed dating," business guests from different organizations will host a table and provide an overview of their company, discussing career paths and opportunities in a concise and focussed format.
Meet and Greet 6:30 – 7:45 pm
- Each participating organization will have a designated, clearly identifiable table. The company representatives will remain seated at the same table throughout the event. You will move.
- Tables seat up to six students.
- There will be six sessions, each lasting twelve minutes, after which time you will be given one minute to move to another table. The idea is to maximize your exposure to the organizations - NETWORK!!! Make a plan for the evening! (Closer to the event, a map of the companies will be provided to all registered participants.)
- During the twelve minutes, the representatives will provide a brief overview of their organization, mandate or mission, scope and size, services or products and insight into the different career opportunities available.
- Students are encouraged to ask questions. Do your research.
- All students MUST bring personal cards that will serve the same purpose as a business card. Your personal card should include your name, degree information, specializations if any, estimated graduation date, uManitoba email and telephone number, and if you have a LinkedIn account – your LinkedIn URL.
- The event starts right at 6:30 which is why you need to be there by 6:15pm.
Reception 7:45 – 8:30 pm
- During the Reception you will have the opportunity to meet informally with these employers. Some employers will also have 1 or 2 additional representatives at the reception.
Light refreshments will be available.
Attire for the Speed Meet and Greet event is business casual – no runners, jeans or hoodies are allowed. You are making a first impression and your presentation is a big part of that.
Have fun! This is a chance for you to interact with a wide variety of ICT professionals, to learn about new opportunities, and to meet potential mentors who want to share their insights and experiences!
We are excited about hosting this event and hope you will take advantage of the opportunity!
You must RSVP for this event by October 3rd to firstname.lastname@example.org Registration is limited to 85 students and there will be a waiting list. If you need to cancel, please notify Jan by e-mail to allow someone from the waiting list to be included in the event. The on campus location will be emailed to registered participants. (CS Co-op students who have already registered on careerCONNECT do NOT need to e-mail Jan.)
This is the list of employers booked for 2018:
- 24-7 Intouch
- AWS Thinkbox
- Online Business Systems
- PHAC Bioinformatics
- RAPID RTC
- Richardson International
- Winnipeg Transit