Once students receive notification that they have been accepted into the Co-op Program, the preparation for Work Term I begins. Communication from the Co-op Office is made via email, students must check their @myumanitoba email accounts daily.
Meetings and Workshops
- Orientation Meeting 1 and Orientation Meeting 2 (mandatory)
These meetings will provide an overview of the fall term including schedules, expectations, and roles and responsibilities.
- Resume and Cover Letter Workshop (mandatory)
After this workshop, students are expected to submit an updated resume and a sample cover letter to the Co-op Office for feedback.
- Interview Skills Workshop (mandatory)
Students will be provided with information on the different types of interview questions.
- Interview Skills Practice Session (mandatory)
Students will be divided into small groups with senior Co-op students or industry partners and given advice and guidance on interview techniques. In addition, current students will have a chance to practice answering common interview questions.
- International Students must obtain a Work Permit as per the instructions provided on the International Students page of this site.
- Order a transcript from the Registrar's Office.
- Once a final resume and sample cover letter have been approved by the Co-op Office, the student must uploaded both documents to careerCONNECT.