Saturday, Sept 26th was the 9th annual local programming contest. This year 62 students took part in this event and competed from UM, UW and BU, remotely.
The top four were:
- Drew Barclay (5th year, Comp Eng, UM) 5 problems solved
- Patrick Murphy (4th year, CS, UM) 4 problems solved
- Samuel Massinon (4th year, CS, UM) 4 problems solved
- Seth Ruf (4th year, CS, UM) 4 problems solved
Congratulations to them!
The full standings, problems and more are available on the contest homepage: http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~acmpc/past/
The winners of bulbs are:
- Yellow Bulb (best overall): Drew Barclay
- Green Bulb (first to solve any problem): Malcolm Mergulhao
- Red Bulb (first to solve hardest problem): Patrick Murphy
- White Bulb (best first or second year student): AbdulRasheed Audu
Thank you to the many people who put in a lot of time to help make this contest a success:
- Chris Henry and John Braico, who helped write and revise the problems and the test data.
- John Braico, Chris Henry and Franklin Bristow who spent Saturday judging.
- Teng Han, Patrick Dubois, Amir Hoseeinmemar, Kyle MacKinnon, Ahmed Zunaid and Seth Fiawoo, who helped with supervising the labs on Saturday.
- All the technical staff who helped with lab setup.
- Google and UWinnipeg, who sponsored the event.