In each of our three terms, there are two groups of students involved in the program; one group is participating in a work term while the other is on campus for an academic term. During each term, preparations are being made for the upcoming work term as follows:
- Industry is contacted to inform them of Co-op opportunities.
- Students engage in preparatory work for out-of-town job opportunities.
- Available out-of-town positions are posted and students either submit applications through careerCONNECT or directly on the employer website.
- Students selected for interviews by out-of-town employers begin conducting telephone or skype interviews.
- Students engage in preparatory work for the upcoming in-town work term.
- Available Co-op positions are posted and students submit applications through careerCONNECT. Each application that is submitted through careerCONNECT will consist of a cover letter, resume and transcript.
- Applications for posted positions are forwarded to the employers who in turn notify the Co-op Office regarding the students that they would like to interview.
- Interviews are conducted on campus and rankings from both employers and students are submitted to the Co-op Office for the matching process.
- Once matches have been made, employers provide students with written offers of employment.
Because of time constraints, interviews and offers for out-of-town positions must be completed prior to the end of month two.