A presentation is given near the end of March during one of the second year computer science courses. During this presentation, you will be provided with information on the program and the application process. Students interested in Co-op are expected to attend.
The application process is as follows:
- Open an account on the University of Manitoba Career Services page "careerCONNECT" with your "@myumanitoba.ca" email address.
- Bring a copy of your resume and your Aurora student transcript to the Co-op Office (E2 499 EITC) for an intake interview with a Co-op Coordinator.
- Complete an online application in careerCONNECT after meeting with a Co-op Coordinator.
Screening of all Co-op applications is done in August and you will be notified of your status by the beginning of September. Acceptance into the program is based primarily on Eligibility Requirements.
These factors may also be taken into consideration:
- Previous work or volunteer experience
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Enrollment in COMP 3380 (Database I) for the Fall Term. Although this is not a compulsory course, most employers look favourably upon students who will have completed it prior to their first work term.
Students who have been accepted into the program will receive an invitation to an orientation meeting where complete details regarding the Co-op Program will be presented.
NOTE: Applications may also be accepted in August/ September if there are still spaces available. Students are welcome to drop by the Co-op Office at any time of the year to discuss their situation and perhaps determine a special start date for Co-op participation.