Preparation for Work Term II begins the first week of the summer term.
Meetings and Workshops
- Re-organization Meeting (mandatory)
The objective of this meeting will be to discuss any issues or concerns arising from Work Term I, distribute the Work Term II preparation schedule, and to review resume and cover letter development. Students will be required to submit an updated resume and sample cover letter to the Co-op Office for review and feedback prior to applying for jobs. This must be done prior to any applications for Co-op positions being forwarded to employers.
Interview Skills and Objective Development Workshop (mandatory)
- This workshop will include a review of interview skills with the emphasis on Behavioural Descriptive Interviews and will address any concerns identified by employers during Work Term I interviews. The second discussion topic will focus on learning objectives.
- Attend the above two mandatory meetings.
- Order a Transcript from the Registrar's Office and upload it to careerCONNECT.
- Update resume and cover letter to reflect Work Term I Co-op position, have them critiqued by the Co-op Coordinator, and upload a copy of each to careerCONNECT.
- Notify the Co-op Office if returning to Work Term I employer. The Co-op Office will require an updated job description and written confirmation from the employer.